Summary of My Background and Training:
- MSW (Masters of Social Work), Graduate School of Social Work, University of Denver, CO 1983
- BA (Bachelor's of Arts), Psychology major /Philosophy minor, Brooklyn College, NY 1974
- DCSW; Diplomat of Clinical Social Work, NASW 1988-Present
- LCSW; Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker # 989018, 1985-present
- ACSW; Academy of Certified Social Workers, NASW 1985-present
- Mental Health Center of Boulder County, Longmont Colorado, outpatient psychotherapist 1981-82
- Boulder Valley Schools, Boulder CO, school social worker 1980-81
- Private Practice, Boulder Colorado 1987-present
- Mental Health Center of Boulder County, outpatient psychotherapist, Longmont Colorado 1983-87
- Boulder County Department of Social Services, child protection caseworker, intake team 1983
- Weld County Sherrif's Department, Weld County, CO, inmate corrections placement counselor 1980
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology, Palo Alto, CA, membership services 1979-80
- Relaxation Project, Boulder, CO, stress management consultant/trainer, 1978-79
- Free Lance Drummer, musician's union, local 802, NYC 1968-75
- Citizen's Review Panel, Boulder County Commissioner's appointee1997-present, Chairperson, 2000-2011
- Interface, Boulder organization for clergy & psychotherapists, Adminstrator, webmaster, program committee chair, 1985-present.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Colorado Chapter board president elect, 2003-04; president 2004-05. 3 term Boulder County Representative/State Board Member 1986-88; 1991-93; 1993-95; Boulder NASW Private Practice Network, founder, 1985, 2003 -present; Boulder County Social Worker of the Year award, 3/2002.
- Anxiety Disorder Association of America (ADAA). 2001-2010.
- MaleSurvivor: The National Organization against Male Sexual Victimization, 1992-present.
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) 2006-present
- American Psychotherapy & Medical Hypnosis Association (APMHA) 2005-present.
- BCAP, Boulder County AIDS Project, pro bono therapist 1987-present; client services advisory board, 1992-93.
- Mental Health Association, Denver, Volunteer, speaker's bureau presenter 1998-present.
- Critical Incident Debriefing provider, Crisis Care Mangement, Inc. 2000-present.
- Grief Counselors Network, 2003- present. founder.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA), member 2003- present.
- Human Services, Inc.(HSI) Counseling Services Advisary Board 1994-95.
- CATP, Colorado Association for Transpersonal Psychology, founder/director, 1981-1983.
- Ontological Society, Brooklyn College Club President, 1972-1973.
- WillowBrook HOA, President 2004 to present; board member 1992-93; architectural committee 1992-present.
- Recycling Boulder Ecocycle Block Leader 2002-2007.
Other Professional Training/Experiences:
- Grief Counseling
- Cognitive Therapy
- Critical Incident Debriefing (Crisis Care Management Inc.)
- Eye Movement Desensitation Reprocessing, (EMDR), trauma therapy
- Children Play Therapy
- Hypnotherapy (Milton Erickson Foundation, other schools)
- Couples & Family Therapy (Satir, Haley, Madanes, Minuchin,Whitaker, others)
- Body Centered Psychotherapy (Ron Kurtz/Hakomi)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Grinder/Bandler, others)
- Theravadin Buddhist psychology & meditation, USA, Asia
- Transpersonal/Existential Psychology